May 11, 2012

breadbox upcycle

Today I'm happy to present some of my recent upcycle projects on my breadbox.me blog.

This cute mid-century side table found me on a garage sale last year and I just couldn't resist. I was immediately in love with the simple and classic lines of this design style, yet felt sure it needed a splash of color.After plenty of sanding through two questionable coats of paint, I discovered a rather beautiful wood underneath. Treating the raw wood with only a little bit of white-wash kept the table top as pure and simple as possible, while adding the industrial lettering in high-gloss white kept a personal touch. To add some jazz I went with a bright and sunny yellow for the legs - the perfect color to have a good start into a new day. Please click here for the before picture of the side table.





















































Two little benches needed some serious love. Lots of sanding, a little bit of white wash and the initial of each of my kid's first name combined with their birth year turned into a shoe storage bench that adorns our entry hall. Click here for the before picture.
























The secret lies in the simplicity of the upcycling process to create this coffee table.
I found an old work bench discarded on the side of the road which after some good sanding down, the addition of two 4x4 and large casters turned into the star of our living room. I love the vintage industrial look of the wood and it's the perfect height for resting your feet (allowed every now and then) or a fun family picnic get together. Click here for a before picture.





All images: Copyright 2012 Daniela Nelke, breadbox.me